26 May 2009

The Night the Palm Trees Walked

The Night the Palm Trees Walked

The night the palm trees walked
The woke me from bed.
Then they headed to my room,
And I thought that I was dead.

There root scootched 'cross the ground,
Man they were moving fast.
As they drew closer to me,
I prayed that they'd go past.

All that junk food that I ate
Before I went to bed,
Was jumping in my stomach,
Like ten monkeys on a bed.

I moaned and groaned and ran,
Well, at least I tried.
Palm tree arms reached out to grab me,
And real soon I was tied.

And as the trees decided,
To see how many rings I had,
I was suddenly awakened
By my momma and my dad.

I never will again,
Eat so much junk food before bed.
Apparently all that stuff
Really messes with my head.

©2009-Art Belliveau

1 comment:

Richarde M. Talbot said...

I love you verb! "scroothed"!