24 May 2009

There’s a Rhinoceros in My Spaghetti

There’s a Rhinoceros in My Spaghetti


There’s a rhinoceros in my spaghetti!
What am I going to do?
It’s slurping up all of my pasta,
And gobbling the meatballs up, too.

It’s rolling ’round in the tomato sauce,
It’s really making a mess.
The tablecloth’s getting all gooey,
And there’s dribbles all over my dress.

My mother will never believe me,
She’ll say her kitchen isn’t a zoo.
But there’s a rhinoceros in my spaghetti,
And I swear what I’m saying is true.

©2009-Art Belliveau

2 comments:

Richarde M. Talbot said...

Kudos! You almost inspire me to accept an unspoken challenge to create a poem a day. You're amazing, my favorite ogre.

Art Belliveau said...

Awwwwww, shucks. You are gonna make me blush. It is an interesting discipline. I am not sure how long it will go on, but for now I am enjoying it.