03 July 2009

Ed

There is a monster under my bed.
He is my friend.  His name is Ed.
He is invisible.  I never see him.  
I think he’s stuck here.  I want to free him.

How to get Ed out and keep him unharmed,
And without Momma seeing (she’d be alarmed),
That is the puzzle I must figure out.
And it is a toughie, of that there’s no doubt.

I have tried and tried to find Ed a new place.
And a new friend, who he can embrace.
I put an ad in the paper and stay by the phone.
And invite them over when I am alone.

So far Ed’s met forty-nine new little friends.
But it’s kinda weird how it always ends.
I step outside and while I am gone,
The new friend disappears and Ed has withdrawn.

So, if you need a monster for under your bed,
Just give me a call and I’ll let you meet Ed.
And if he doesn’t eat you, you may take him home,
To put under your bed, from which he’ll never roam.

©2009-Art Belliveau

1 comment:

PoetLady said...

My son will LOVE This, can't wait to show it to him:)