27 April 2010

10 Ways of Looking at a Pen 04/27/10

10 Ways of Looking at a Pen

I.
small tube
filled with worlds
fits in my hand

II.
there have been
many many times
a pen was the only thing
that has saved my life

III.
very well then, varlot--
choose your weapon!
pens at ten paces!

IV.
got my essay back
it looked wounded
a red pen
has bled
all over it

V.
crossing over a
deep chasm
on a
bridge made of paper
using only my pen
for balance

VI.
cutting my wrist
i fill my pen
and then the journal
with my life’s blood


VII.
a pen filled
with black ink
my only light
in the darkness

VIII.
“if only the pen could talk” he says
“but it does” i assure him
“all of the time”

IX.
the brave writer
died
with a pen
clutched in his hands
and so went
straight to heaven

X.
wielding my pen
i sound my warning
back off
or
i will write
a poem about you

©2010-Art Belliveau