19 February 2011

Nature Makes Me Itch

Nature Makes Me Itch

We went on a camping trip,
Mom and Pop and me.
We pitched our tent and built our fire
Down by the live oak tree.

The mosquitoes, they all loved me;
They thought I tasted swell.
I also was a free buffet
To all the other bugs, as well.

My marshmallow caught fire,
And fell off of the stick.
I think my hot dog was too raw,
It really made me sick.

My tent got leaky in the rain,
And my sleeping bag got soaked.
The ground was covered with tons of rocks--
My back and sides got poked.

I have a rash all up my arms,
My legs, my chest, my face.
It’s spread across my tummy,
And most every other place.

I wanna go home to city life,
Where I can turn on a light with a switch.
I never wanna go camping again--
Nature makes me itch!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hey Art, I think this is great! I would suggest removing 'also' from the free buffet line, to reduce it to six syllables, which I think would help the rhythm. 'Tent' got left out in the first line of the fourth stanza.