06 April 2011

Charlie Brown & Lucy 04/06/11

Charlie Brown & Lucy

she did it to me again
gained my trust
soothed my fears
nursed my hope
and
made false promises

i wanted to believe her so much
i wanted it to be real this time
and I knew that this time
it would be different

i let her persuade me
even knowing somewhere deep inside
that this would end in pain

i rushed toward her
heart pounding
adrenaline pumping
eyes shining with excitement and joy
knowing it would happen
knowing this time there'd be no heartbreak

i reached her and aimed high
i let go and
as always
she jerked it away again
leaving me to fly into the air

as i momentarily hang there
for that split second of time
suspended above the hard reality
of the unyielding grass below me

i feel a secret rush
of joy and fear
and i know

i know
i knew
i've always known
i will always know

and even knowing that
i also know that next time
i'll do it again

©2011-Art Belliveau

2 comments:

dsnake1 said...

i guess there's a charlie brown in every one of us. :)

Angela said...

I like how it's written from Charlie Brown's point of view. Ah, good ol' Charlie Brown!