07 April 2014

somonka

In this month's Writer's Digest, I read about a Japanese poem called a somonka. I talked with Heather about it, and we decided to give it a try. Here's our jointly written seventh poem for NaPoWriMo. I took the first verse and Heather took the second verse.


your arms around me
as we curl up together
are so filled with love
when your hands caress my chest
it radiates out, like heat

laid upon your heart
your arms become the portal
for the magic place
beat for beat each radiant
remembered dreams from before

©2014-Art Belliveau and Heather Anderson

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the somonka, and I love the poem you two created together! Thank you for introducing me to this poetic form, and thank you for sharing your poetry with us :-)

Art Belliveau said...

Ryk,

Thanks for responding to the poem. I always deeply enjoy reading the work you share.