01 April 2015

Heather

i am typing a poem
while listening to poem
waiting for your kiss
and all I can do
is all I can do
and loving you is
more melodic than the poem i'm listening to
more poetic than the poem i am typing on the computer screen
and your pickle-flavored kiss is more precious to me
than the rest of spring break spread out before
and all the time i will have therein to listen to poems
and to write poems
but less precious than all those kisses
we have waiting for us ahead
and the smile i bring to your lips
with my multitasking virtuosity
is warmer than the the heat of the shower
that i just took
the soap and the water washing away the past
leaving our future open and i am ready for it
but only when i can share it
with you

©2015-Art Belliveau

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always admired your ability to weave words so well.

"your pickle-flavored kiss" - I love this detail; the image really stands out and makes it all so very real.

"my multitasking virtuosity" - I just completely identify with this idea, and I love "virtuosity" used in this way.

"the soap and the water washing away the past" - both heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time, you know?

Art Belliveau said...

Thanks, Ryk! I actually took that scene from the reality of the moment. I am really enjoying your NaPoWriMo poems, too.